Time to crack the books!!

Monday, January 26, 2009

The new bunny cages are set up, the Cormo lambs are wearing new coats and I am feeling a little caught up in this farming venture.......for now.

I have neglected my reading and I am noticing that it is affecting my spelling. I struggle with words that used to be easy for me. I listen to a lot of books on tape but I am convinced that reading the written word is important for maintaining a rich vocabulary. I am a homeschool mom, yep, that's very important.

The first book I am breaking open is complete fuzz :) Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton.



I chose this one in an attempt to soothe my aching desire to spin, dye for my etsy store and finishing knitting the two projects I have waiting on the needles. Hey there is a few knitting pattern and a recipe (too bad it's not low fat... too bad I'm not low fat!)

Next on the list is Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.

I chose this one because it was a Christmas present, and of course, since I have read the first two I should read the last one. I am bit hesitant on this one b/c I have heard rumors that this doesn't end the series and I hate waiting for the next book to come out!

And finally I am going to start working thru the infamous (to me anyway) Honey for a Woman's Heart by Glady Hunt. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf (I actually have a signed copy!) for years; taunting me.


I honestly should finish The Shack....but I find this book to be a bit painful so have set it aside. I keep thinking I should pick it back up.........

I would love to have you read along with me! Just leave a comment and let me know you are joining in! I will post after each chapter read and we can share our thoughts. (A little accountability is good for the soul huh?)

0 comments: